Friday, April 6, 2018

First Line Friday - Spring Edition



It's Friday, one of the best days of the week! For me, Saturday is the best day of the weekend because my husband is home all day and night.

Trying to find a book with a spring or flowers in the title, or cover, wasn't easy. Thanks for the help, Meez Carrie!




About the book:

After the loss of her husband and the birth of her baby, Charlotte has had a long, hard year. But when a notorious robber believes she knows the location of a long-lost treasure, she flees to Cheyenne and opens a dressmaker's shop to lie low and make a living. When wealthy cattle baron and political hopeful Barrett Landry enters the shop to visit her best customer, Charlotte feels drawn to him.
If Barrett is to be a senator of the soon-to-be state of Wyoming, he must make a sensible match, and Miriam has all the right connections. Yet he can't shake the feeling that Charlotte holds the key to his heart and his future.

Soon the past comes to call, and Barrett's plans crumble around him. Will Charlotte and Barrett find the courage to look love in the face? Or will their fears blot out any chance for happiness?

First Line:
Cheyenne, Wyoming Territory, October 1886
It was only the wind. Charlotte Harding wrapped her arms around her waist, trying to convince herself there was no reason to tremble like a cottonwood leaf in a storm.
You can read my review here.

Are you looking for springtime where you are? So far it seems as though spring has made it's way to Idaho. It's still snowing in the mountains, but down here in the valley we're just getting rain off and on.

Leave me your first line in the comments and then go to Hoarding Books to read their springtime first line and see all of the other bloggers participating in FLF.

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Iola said...

I'm in New Zealand, so it's not feeling like spring at all! On the plus side, it's not feeling like autumn (fall) either. It's still warm enough to go to the beach, although not to swim in the sea :)


I'm sharing the first line from Winning Miss Winthrop by Carolyn Miller on my blog today—a wonderful Christian Regency romance.

I'm currently reading an advance copy of Falling for You by Becky Wade. It doesn't release until 1 May, but I loved True to You and I have no self-control when it comes to Becky Wade, so here are the opening lines:

"I discovered a secret."
Corbin Stewart looked sharply at twelve-year-old Charlotte Dixon. "What kind of a secret?"

Ellie said...

I am currently reading A Borrowed Dream by Amanda Cabot. I want to add the book (and series) you are featuring today to my TBR list. I live in the northeast US and it's still cold here, but the daffodils are blooming. I hope you have a nice weekend and enjoy tomorrow with your hubby. :)

Fiction Aficionado said...

Well, I wish I was looking for spring down here, but unfortunately autumn is settling in. We're still getting plenty of warmer weather for the moment, but I'm definitely noticing a gradual shift.

The book I'm featuring on my blog today is 'Shadows of Hope' by Georgiana Daniels, but I'm going to share the first line of my current read here: The Man He Never Was by James L. Rubart:

"Toren Daniels rolled over in bed and light pierced his closed eyelids, which meant five a.m. had come and gone."

Caryl Kane said...

Enjoying Spring (rainy) weather here in Texas.

BEDFORD, ENGLAND
MAY 1659

The babe's crying would rip her heart to shreds if she had to listen to it one more minute. - The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund

Happy Friday and Happy Reading!

Suzie Waltner said...

I love the blue of that dress!


I'm currently reading the First Love Forever Collection, so I'll share the first line from the current novella I'm in, Heartfelt Echoes by Jennifer Uhlarik:

Travis McCaffrey stared at the front door of the mansion before him.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anneliese Dalaba said...

This definitely sounds like something I would enjoy reading. The book I'm highlighting on my blog is The Mistress of Rosemere by Sarah Ladd. I will share here the first line of Chapter 11, which I'm currently reading. "A flurry of activity swirled in the recovering Rosemere." Wishing you a blessed weekend.

Nicole Santana said...

That cover is gorgeous!

Happy Friday!

Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Rachael Anderson's newest Regency novel, My Sister's Intended. It's an excellent book I highly recommend. Here I will share the first three lines from the novel I'm currently reading, Not Abandoned by MacKenzie Morganthal.

"It was a prison like none other. With boarded windows and a tall fence, I'd almost forgotten what it looked like outside. The bars that caged me in were strong, but not as strong as the bars I'd put up around my heart."

Becky said...

Happy Friday! My first line is from Joel C. Rosenberg’s book The Kremlin Conspiracy, which my husband grabbed from me and read first:

“Louisa Sherbatov had just turned six, but she would never turn seven.”

Beth Erin said...

That is a lovely gown. I love blue!

Paula Shreckhise said...

I’m going to show the first line of The Pirate Bride by Kathleen Y’Barbo:
Mama may have been named for the great-grandmother who traveled from England on the Mayflower, but the fact certainly did not keep her in the land of her birth.

Yvette said...

Happy Friday! We are having similar weather in this area of Oregon. I’m sharing from The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim on my blog today, so I'll share from a recent read. Here's the first line from the prologue of Julie Cantrell’s Perennials:

“Summer 1979
Oxford, Mississippi

“Four!” Bitsy cheers, twisting the lid to her firefly jar.”

englishmysteriesblog said...

I just purchased the first book in this series, so I'm excited to read this book too. I've read two of Amanda Cabot's books thus far, and they were both excellent! Happy Friday!

These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore by Sarah Loudin Thomas Reviewed

  About the book: Title: These Tangled Threads: A Novel of Biltmore Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas Genre: Christian Historical Fiction, Histori...